Hello Puddin ~!

Set up to make your own epic Harley Quinn hammer? I am hither to bear witness yous through the steps of making your own!

I am going to try to continue information technology as brusk and as easy every bit possible. Who wants a wall text anyways, when y'all just wanna become to crafting? You creative souls can most likely relate…
Let's go to information technology!

Materials:
Thick EVA foam and 3-4 mm EVA cream for the handle
Worbla (I used the original; Worbla's finest art)
Broomstick / Or PVC piping
Gesso for priming
Different acrylics
White Spray Paint
Cherry-red Spray Paint
Glue patrons
Brushes for painting
Masking tape
120 sanding paper

Tools:
Heat gun
Glue gun
Dremel

Time to start!

Stride i:

Cut out several layers of thick EVA foam to the desired width. I used about 10-12 layers to get the thickness I desired for the hammer head.
Glue them together with either contact mucilage or hot gum.
(Contact glue is stronger but call back to be in a ventilated place due to gasses coming from it. Since it'southward wintertime I decided to apply hot mucilage as I'm gonna cover it in Worbla anyways)
Also, attach a 3-4 mm EVA foam piece at the bottom of your broomstick / PVC piping for the handle.

Step two:

Etching!

Carve your square hammer caput into a roughly round shape. I drew a circumvolve so I could kinda tell how far I could go with the blade. After yous cut most of the unnecessary EVA off, yous can start using a belt sander tool to get information technology even more than round + smoother. Other kinds of sanders can besides be used, merely chugalug sanders are the best when you want to remove textile.

Footstep 3:

Wall plaster!

Allow's cover some dents and gaps with wall plaster! This is so the thermoplastic does non take shape of imperfections. You lot can go many unlike wall plasters, but the lightweight ones are recommended. Be certain to let information technology dry 100% before you start sanding. If it is nevertheless wet, you might but sand chunks of it away and you'll cease upwardly having to employ more. You tin too apply some at the lesser of the handle to cover the gap.

Step 4

Time for Worbla!

Worbla is a thermoplastic which gets soft heated using a heat gun. Almost like gingerbread dough! (Do not consume it though, although it might seem tasty) I of the worbla sides may seem shinier, only it is no different from the other side at all.
(Be sure to place some baking paper or a silicone underlay underneath the worbla, that tin handle the rut as the worbla gets sticky)
Estrus the worbla upward until information technology becomes soft. I cutting out a piece for the middle office first, and simply rolled the worbla around the hammer head, then I applied the sides at the very end. Make certain you seal the edges well.
There are 3 diamond shapes diamonds on ane side of the hammer caput. I simply made double-layered worbla diamonds to make them pop fifty-fifty more.
Don't forget to comprehend your handle with worbla as well!

Step 5:

Let's get the Dremel ON!

I employ this to sand the worbla shine. Wherever y'all go bumps or edges you desire to remove, apply a dremel to remove them.
If there are deeper dents and such you can encompass your worbla slice in some wall plaster too before we get to priming.
I too added some battle damage and carved some wood-like textures and the smiley face on one side of the hammer.
Make sure to dremel/drill out a pigsty at the bottom of the hammer head where you can adhere your handle.

Step 6:

Priming + Sanding time!

This is most likely the nigh boring function of the whole process, just also very important. I applied around 6-7 even thick layers of Gesso. Make sure each layer dries 100% considering nosotros are gonna stand up it down by paw later on the concluding layer. I recommend 120 grit sanding paper for this. You lot've got to apply some pressure when sanding and it might seem a bit hopeless at times, but you just gotta keep going until it is entirely smooth. I accept tried other priming sprays and such and they simply crack subsequently a few uses. Gesso has been the most long-lasting primer and I am super happy with information technology.

Step 7:

Acrylics!

Time to start detailing with some paint! This is the all-time part in my opinion.
Make sure you line upwards where which areas are gonna exist wood and which areas are going to exist blackness/white and then before you outset painting.
I started with the wooden edges of the hammer caput first. I started with a mustardy base colour and faded it out towards the edges with a more brown-ish color and then some black. Make certain you lot become a adept fade on it to make information technology wait more realistic. Also, add some wooden textures nigh the end and keep on detailing until y'all go a look y'all are happy with.

Stride 8:

Spray Paint!

The middle part of the hammer head is more than smoothen and clean so I decided to go with spray pigment for these parts. I use masking tape to cover upwardly my already painted parts and start making the design I desire to spray pigment with the masking tape. This includes the black stripes, the middle white office and the red diamonds.

Make certain each part dry 100% before masking of whatever other spray-painted parts, because if you don't information technology might take the shape of the masking paint, or even rip it off! Refer to the drying times on the spray can – it can take up to 24 hours!

Spray pigment your handle blueish and the bottom part blackness. I as well used clear high gloss spray paint on the handle.

TIP: The spray paint needs to dry completely before applying masking tape over previous sprayed parts
.

Stride 9 :

Terminal details!

Go over your pieces and add some more shading to the handle + the text and you should be washed! I promise this tutorial was useful to y'all to go your HARLEY ON!

The text around the hammer says:

Thick text = blue
normal = cerise

Y'all're and so funny.
You're killing me!Or am I killing you?Hahaha! Wanna play?
You're so funny.You lot're killing me!Or am I killing you? Hahaha! Wanna play?



If you got any questions experience free to make a annotate and if you wanna support me y'all can practise and then on my Patreon HERE!

Comments